Hoffman Estates, Illinois -- November 5, 2013 -- At the 2013 SEMA Show, I-CAR technical presentations on blueprinting and advanced vehicle technologies to help collision repair professionals achieve complete and safe repairs and greater repair efficiency will be conducted. Various sessions will be offered every afternoon at the SEMA Collision Repair & Refinish Stage from Tuesday, Nov. 5, through Friday, Nov. 8, at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas.
"Blueprinting is becoming increasingly popular as more collision repair professionals start to realize its cycle time, supplement frequency, parts ordering and overall efficiency benefits," says Steve Marks, I-CAR Industry Support Manager, who will lead or co-lead the various SEMA presentations. "These presentations will provide a deeper dive into the essential blueprinting and technology topics that many technicians and estimators have previously only heard or read about."
The blueprinting presentations and sessions highlighting advanced vehicle technologies are an outgrowth of I-CARâ€™s ongoing Repairability Technical Support initiative to improve industry access to technical repair knowledge, address gaps in repair procedures and enhance industry technical communications with OEMs.
The full schedule of I-CAR's free half-hour presentations, which are open to all SEMA attendees, includes:
- Get Ready for Extreme Lightweighting â€“ How Will It Affect Collision Repair? (Nov. 5, 1 p.m.; Nov. 7, 3 p.m.)
- The Blueprinting Advantage â€“ Why Blueprint Instead of Estimating Damage (Nov. 5, 2 p.m.)
- BMW â€“ Innovative Repair Solutions â€“ Structural Carbon Fiber and Aluminum (Nov. 5, 3 p.m.; Nov. 6, 4 p.m.; Nov. 7, 2 p.m.; Nov. 8, 1 p.m.)
- Improving Blueprinting Cycle Time â€“ Efficient Disassembly and Damage Discovery (Nov. 5, 4 p.m.; Nov . 8, 3 p.m.)
- Blueprinting Quick Checks and Measuring for Structural Damage (Nov. 6, 1 p.m.)
- OEM Trends in Panel Replacement, Sectioning and Joining Methods (Nov. 6, 2 p.m.; Nov. 8, 2 p.m.)
- Blueprinting Quick Checks and Alignment Readings â€“ Identify Steering and Suspension Damage the First Time (Nov. 6, 3 p.m.)
- Stopping the Cycle Time Killer at the End of the Repair â€“ Electronic Systems Damage (Nov. 7, 1 p.m.)
- Determine the Correct Repair Plan â€“ Material and Joining Identification During Estimating (Nov. 7, 4 p.m.)
The blueprinting sessions explore content also covered more fully in the I-CAR course Blueprinting Process and Damage Discovery (BLU01). The Live class is available for registration on i-car.com along with a wide array of I-CAR courses addressing new technology topics.
For more information on I-CAR, please visit i-car.com.
To learn more about SEMA, please visit semashow.com.