Monday, 08 October 2012 11:59
Toronto, Ontario -- October 8, 2012 -- The Ontario Ministry of Environment has announced a change to the fee for collision repair facilities that spray paint to obtain an environmental compliance permit. The current price is zero. The new price, effective October 28, 2012, is $1190.
Facilities that do not already have either an Environmental Activity Sector Registry approval issued after October 30, 2011, or a valid Certificate of Approval that includes waterbased paints, will need to take action quickly to avoid a significant price increase and to avoid enforcement action.
Shops can apply for the current EASR approval themselves (currently at no charge) at serviceontario.ca. Collision Industry Information Assistance will handle the work for shops that need someone to do the application work. Please contact CIIA at 866-309-4272 or via email to
for more information on this service. CIIA charges $300 plus HST for members and $600 plus HST for non-members for this service.
Facilities that wish to have the association handle the work will need the following information:
- Full business name, address and HST# as identified by Revenue Canada
- President’s name and full contact information
CIIA will also need answers to the following questions:
- Do you use less than two liters of paint per hour?
- Are the booth fans indoors?
- Are you a stand alone business or in a mall-type setting?
- Is the nearest residential or institutional lotline more than 40 metres away from your exhaust stack?
- Do you have a previous environmental compliance certificate?
© Copyright 2012 Collision Repair magazine
Last Updated on Friday, 12 October 2012 09:56